Meru Ride share launch
December 29, 2015
After Carpool, Meru Cabs launch Ride-Share feature in Delhi
The launch addresses Delhi's burning issues around traffic congestion and escalating pollution
Meru, India's No. 1 cab service today announced the launch of its new Ride-Share feature to provide commuters yet another convenient and eco-friendly travel option from the house of Meru. A service introduced specifically for the national capital region, Ride-Share aims to address two pressing issues impacting Delhi commuters pertaining to rising pollution and growing traffic congestion.
In the recent past, Delhi has been reeling under the aftermath of heightened demand for urban transportation, mounting traffic congestion, alarming increase in personal vehicles and environmentally unsafe public transportation system. All factors which have contributed to the city's manic transportation woes and population prompting the government to introduce a slew of measures to ease the situation.
Complimenting Meru Cab's Carpool service where private car owners can offer a ride via Meru's platform, the Ride-Share feature service is an extension of Meru's bouquet of travel solutions, backed by its sophisticated algorithms and data analytics, giving users a convenient platform to book and share taxis when travelling in the same direction.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Siddhartha Pahwa, Group CEO Meru Cabs, said, "Pollution and congestion are two major issues plaguing citizens of Delhi. We believe that the situation can be resolved through collaborative efforts by the government, private transport operators like Meru and citizens. As an environmentally responsible taxi operator, Meru endeavors to provide customers multiple transport options depending on their needs. By choosing to share your personal vehicle with the Carpool service or sharing a CNG fuel Meru Cab via Ride Share, citizens can now contribute to solving the city's travel woes".
How it Works
- Currently available in Delhi, Meru customers will be provided with an option of sharing their Meru Cabs ride with other co-passenger who intends to travel in the same direction.
- A fixed 30% discount on the estimated trip fare will be applicable for the customers who choose the ride share option.
- Customers will be charged a fixed fare which will be communicated to them before booking
- This fixed fare will be determined based on the actual fare estimate from his/her pickup location to the drop location and the ridesharing discount of 30%.
- Ride sharing feature matches Meru Cabs drivers and riders who are travelling in the same direction on a very short notice or even en-route.
- This feature will be applicable for bookings via the Meru Cabs App and each rideshare trip can take a maximum of 2 bookings per ride with a maximum of 2 passengers per booking
- Meru's ICE (in case of Emergency) feature on the app allows passengers to share details of his/her location to the registered emergency contacts to ensure customer safety
Through world-class technology, certified chauffeurs and able fleet engineers, Meru endeavors to continue developing and providing customers unique travel options across the country.
About Meru Cabs:
Meru Cabs, a world class cab service was launched in Mumbai (April 2007) in association with India Value Fund, a premier India centric private equity fund. Meru Cab has pioneered the concept of GPS/GPRS enabled cab service in India. Since its launch, Meru has continued to receive an exceptional response from the customers and is consistently distinguishing itself as a provider of superior quality transport. Meru launched its MeruGenie services in December 2013, which is now present across 13 cities in India. In January 2015, Meru launched Meru Eve- a cab service exclusively for and by women. It's an initiative to bring to the lady passengers a safe and reliable way to travel. Now, Meru offers its world-class cab service across 24 cities in India under consumer proposition of Reliability, Safety & Transparency. Recognized by 'The Limca Book of Records' as the largest fleet taxi operator in the country, Meru has completed more than 40 million trips across India. Meru has been voted as India's Most Favourite Cab Service by TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice for 2 consecutive years 2013 & 2014; and has won various other esteemed awards like, Times Travel Award 2011, IT User Award 2008, 2009 & 2010. Recently Meru also received the prestigious Economic Time's Most Promising Brands award for 2015.